PREPRUFE® Plus Pre-Applied Waterproofing Membrane
High performance, durable below grade waterproofing
The immense hydrostatic pressure outside structures puts foundations at high risk of water infiltration. In addition, many projects are susceptible to corrosion and dangerous fumes from contaminated soil. PREPRUFE® Plus Waterproofing Membranes provide a high performance barrier against water and moisture, aggressive soils as well as hazardous gases such as radon and methane.
GCP Applied Technologies are the pioneers in this market with PREPRUFE® Membrane Waterproofing systems, the first-ever bonded, pre-applied waterproofing membrane. Ever since its introduction, GCP Applied Technologies has continued to refine this unique and innovative technology. Building on a 25-year track record of success, the PREPRUFE® Plus Waterproofing Membrane system delivers unparalleled performance and ease of installation.
PREPRUFE® Plus Product Documents
|Product Name||Product Data Sheet||Guide Specifications||SDS/MSDS|
|PREPRUFE® 300R Plus & 160R Plus Membranes Data Sheet (US Version)|
|PREPRUFE® 300R Plus LT & 160R Plus LT Membranes Data Sheet (US Version)|
- Product Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
PREPRUFE® 300R Plus & 160R Plus membranes are unique composite sheets comprised of a thick HDPE film, pressure sensitive adhesive and weather resistant protective coating.
- Forms a unique continuous adhesive bond
- Provides a barrier to water, moisture and gas
- Easy roll/kick out installation
- Release liner free
- PREPRUFE® 300R Plus membranes can be applied horizontally to smooth prepared concrete, carton forms or well rolled and compacted earth or crushed stone substrate
- PREPRUFE® 300R Plus or 160R Plus membranes can be applied vertically to permanent formwork or adjoining structures
PREPRUFE® 300R Plus LT & 160R Plus LT pre applied waterproofing membranes are unique composite sheets comprised of a thick HDPE film, pressure sensitive adhesive, and weather resistant protective coating.
- The unique continuous adhesive bond to concrete poured against it prevents water migration and makes it unaffected by ground settlement beneath slabs.
- Designed with fully adhered adhesive to adhesive watertight ZipLap™ seams and easy to execute detailing.
- Provides a barrier to water, moisture and gas physically isolating the structure from the surrounding substrate.
- PREPRUFE® 300R Plus LT can be applied horizontally to smooth prepared concrete, carton forms or well rolled and compacted earth or crushed stone substrate
- PREPRUFE® 300R Plus LT or 160R Plus LT can be applied vertically to permanent formwork or adjoining structures
Proven, long-term protection
With the PREPRUFE® Plus Waterproofing Membrane, structures can be protected throughout their lifetime. Made of a patented HDPE geomembrane, PREPRUFE® Plus Waterproofing Membranes form an intimate bond with poured concrete, helping to prevent costly damage from floods, mold, mildew as well as gas fumes. PREPRUFE® Plus Waterproofing Membranes also stand up to dirt, foot traffic and UV exposure, preventing it from being damaged before the concrete is poured.
Safeguard your structure
Ensuring structural integrity means both preventing water ingress and stopping water migration between the membrane and the building. This way even if the waterproofing membrane is accidentally damaged, leaks are confined to the immediate area of the damage allowing for localized repair to correct the damage and restore the waterproofing system integrity.
Preventing lateral water migration and localizing damage was the main goal of GCP Applied Technology Research in developing PREPRUFE® Plus Waterproofing Membranes with Advanced Bond Technology™. Unlike conventional membranes that have a fleece or mesh interface between the membrane and the concrete, PREPRUFE® Plus Waterproofing Membranes form a direct and continuous bond to poured concrete. This seals the structure with an impermeable protective membrane directly bonded to the concrete that prevents both water/gas infiltration and prevents water from migrating between the membrane and the concrete.
Accelerate construction time
Consisting of wide, lightweight rolls, PREPRUFE® Plus Waterproofing Membranes reduce the time and cost involved with installation. The system is immediately trafficable upon installation, so rebar can be installed the same day. Self-adhesive ZIPLAP™ watertight laps make it easy to tightly adhere membrane panels together, without the need for heat, power or special equipment. In addition, complex details can be simplified and tightly sealed by using PREPRUFE® tape and BITUTHENE® Liquid Membrane.
Looking for a distributor that supplies air barriers, flashing, weather resistive barriers, roofing underlayments, waterproofing, injection materials or flooring?
Click on the login to access the site with your username and password. Please add GCPAT\ (including the slash) in front of your user name when entering user name. If you need assistance, please contact Denise White at: 617 498-4555 or Denise.I.White@gcpat.com